People are Saying “No” to the Knife Says Beauty Expert It’s not just her own experience...
Hobart property management company’s packing tips: Thinking outside the box
Why pack it, if it is already packed? When we think about packing to move, the first, or only, image that comes to mind, is a pile of boxes. In the second of a series on clever packing tips, Baxton Property Management Company in Hobart suggests you take a second look around your house, and decide what really needs to be repacked, and what boxes you need.
Cutting down on time and stress
If you move is a local one, within the city or from one suburb to another, there are many ways to cut back on the packing. Moving across the state, or from mainland Australia to Hobart, the capital of the Tasmanian island, might require a different approach. But many of the principles are the same. The main one is to cut down on the stress and work involved in moving house. And on the number of boxes you have to acquire and then dispose of.
Don’t rush to gather as many boxes as you can from the local liquor store or supermarket. Instead, look around first to see how many you are really going to need. Taking the plastic wrap route is one way to cut down considerably on boxes – and on the frustration of not finding the right sized ones. It will also mean your goods take less space in the moving truck, and it will make unpacking easier and quicker.
Avoid boxing yourself in
What will you need? A couple of large rolls of cling film or plastic wrap, a bundle of assorted zip-lock bags in various sizes, and a roll of refuse bags and some bubble-wrap.. Then look around your bedroom to dertmine what doesn’t need a box. And to see what can double as a packing container.
- Clothing: Don’t waste any suitcases you have on clothing. And why, on a short move, bother to buy wardrobe boxes? Take the clothing from the rack on its hangers. Tie the hooks together with string to form a manageable group of six or so items at a time. Make a hole at the middle of the base of a garbage bag, and pull it over the clothing, letting the hooks protrude through the hole.
- Optional extras: Roll each bundle upwards towards the hooks, and secure the roll with string. You could even tie some of these rolls together so there are less items to carry. If you read Baxton Property Management Company’s first article on packing, you might want to colour code the bundles by applying a coloured sticker to the bag. On reaching your new home, simply remove the bags and hang the clothing straight away – or hook the bundles, as they are, straight onto the wardrobe rail in the correct room for later attention.
- Drawers: If your dresser’s drawers contain jumpers or cardies, why repack? If you need to remove it to reduce the dresser’s weight for moving, Use wide cling wrap to cover the drawer and ship it separately. If weight isn’t a problem, leave it in place, and seal the front with strong tape to avoid the drawer sliding loose. For smaller items, put them in zip-lock bags, and pack the drawers tightly, to prevent movement. Close the drawer, seal it, and there’ll be no fuss finding a place for them in your new home.
- Linen: Fill your wash-basket with carefully rolled linen, doonas or towels. Then tape down the lid and you’re set to go.
- Vacuum bags: If you are doing long haul moving, try using vacuum bags for clothing and linen. You will be amazed at how much more you can fit into a given amount of space by simply sucking the air out of the bag. And, if you are planning to store it for a while at your new home, you won’t need so much space to do so.
Baxton property management company in Hobart
Did you find these packing tips helpful? Find more ideas in our on-going series on savvy packing. Baxton Property Management Company in Hobart believes in providing information and ideas that help the tenants in the properties they manage. Learn more about us on our website.
Written and syndicated by
– Baxton Media.
- Property management company in Hobart: How to take the stress out of moving day
- Property management company in Hobart: advice on moving companies
- On the move in Hobart? A property management company’s top tips on packing by colour
We hope you enjoyed this article
The information contained in this article is based on the authors opinion only and is of a general nature which is not indicative of future results or events and does not consider your personal situation or particular needs. Professional advice should always be sought relevant to your circumstances.
See more articles below
You May Also Like
Corrimal Wollongong Anti-Ageing Skin Treatment Clinic Expands to Canberra With HIFU Ultraformer3 Technology
Case Study: Marketer Talks About Her Biggest Confidence Problem Corrimal, Wollongong, Illawarra, New South Wales, October...
Cosmetic Clinic Treatments Increasingly Popular Says Trained Nurse Corrimal, Wollongong, Illawarra, New South Wales, October 2018 Advances...
Signs of Ageing Affect Career Opportunities Warns Skincare Expert Corrimal, Wollongong, Illawarra, New South Wales, October...