Speeding on Roads Can Cost Lives, Tyres, and Money Most drivers hitting the road at high...
Creative BBQ Recipes to Try Before Hobart’s Summer Ends
Summertime is BBQ time, but although we all love our grilled meats with salads, there can be a certain sameness to basic BBQ meals. Baxton Property Management tracked down some creative BBQ recipes to spice up your repertoire. Surprise your family and friends and be remembered as a master BBQ chef!
Coffee Crusted Ribs
Before popping your next rack of ribs onto the BBQ, rub them down with olive oil and add a crust of spices with – would you believe it – ground coffee beans. Here’s the recipe:
- Coarsely grind about one third of a cup of coffee beans
- Mix in about one quarter of a cup of coarsely ground peppercorns
- Add eight tablespoons of ground salt
- Spice it up with two tablespoons of paprika
If you’d like to try this on a smaller scale before serving it up to guests, you can give it a trial run in the oven. Here’s our source: it looks wonderful!
Corn on the barbie is a staple, and it tastes great just as it is, but if you’d like to put a new twist into this dish, try grilling your corn with regular bastings of a coconut milk-based sauce. Here’s how to make it:
- Mix three quarters of a cup of coconut milk with two tablespoons of light brown sugar
- Add a bay leaf and simmer the mixture on the stove for a few minutes till the sugar dissolves.
- Leave to cool, and keep basting your corn as it grills.
Add a Dish for the Vegetarians
Hosts and hostesses are often dismayed to see vegetarian guests picking away at the salads while everyone tucks in. Make provision for any vegetarians and tickle the taste buds of meat-eaters with this easy marinated veggie combo prepared on the grill or in tin foil.
- Cut Zucchini and bell peppers into chunky slices
- Add some butternut, onion, cherry tomato and button mushrooms
- Make a marinade with equal parts olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, and crushed garlic
- Pour the marinade over the veggies and leave to marinade for at least half an hour
Don’t Forget the Salads
We tracked down some salads with a difference for you too! How about potato salad with peas, broad beans, spring onion and mint? Or how about a pumpkin and pistachio salad with cranberries? Or maybe you would like to try your hand at an avocado, apple and grape salad with candied walnuts. It sounds amazing!
Think out of the Box: Happy BBQ Season!
If you’re getting a little bored with regular BBQ staples, there are plenty of ideas to explore. From complicated gourmet options to simple twists to the tale added to Barbie favourites, you can have tons of fun playing with new ideas.
As your property managers in Hobart, we need to think out of the box when we’re at work, and our eye-opening excursion into BBQ with a difference just goes to show that the same applies to cookery. Bon appetit!
- Property Manager’s Tips for a BBQ Area Your Tenants Will Love
- Seven household jobs you’re probably doing wrong
- The ultimate guide to deep cleaning your bathroom
- Tips on fighting mould
- 8 tips to keep laundry under control
We hope you enjoyed this article
The information contained in this article is based on the authors opinion only and is of a general nature which is not indicative of future results or events and does not consider your personal situation or particular needs. Professional advice should always be sought relevant to your circumstances.
See more articles below
You May Also Like
Baby Pram Screen-time Shocks Master of Optometry Australian Optometrist Reports of babies and toddlers being given...
Corns and Calluses: Your Feet Deserve Better Says Podiatrist We love our shoes, but sometimes, our...